SylWrap CR Corrosion Protection Wrap is a bandage incorporated with highly effective corrosion inhibitors. It has been specially formulated for the prevention of corrosion and the protection and strengthening of pipes, metalwork, and other structures in harsh and aggressive environments.
A SylWrap CR Bandage can be used to protect metal piles, steel structures, concrete pillars and pipework from environmental and saltwater corrosion. SylWrap CR also offers protection against abrasive wear in gravel and sand plants, quarries, sugar mills, grain hoppers, and coal chutes.
In testing, a metal pile which was wrapped in SylWrap CR was subjected to 1000 hours of saltwater exposure. When the wrap was removed, the metal returned corrosion free. It is temperature resistant up to 300ºC and pressure resistant up to 50bar.
How to prevent against corrosion using a SylWrap CR Corrosion Protection Wrap
SylWrap CR is easy to use. To activate the resin, simply dip the bandage in water and begin applying to the structure requires protection from corrosion. Because SylWrap CR is water activated, it can be applied quickly underwater which makes it ideal for use in a marine environment.
As SylWrap CR is applied, it should be smoothed down and around the structure it is protecting. For optimal surface wetting and to achieve the desired five layers for high-strength repairs, the first layer of SylWrap CR should be wrapped so that the overlap with each wrap is approximately 5mm.
The subsequent two wraps can be applied with a 50% overlap to provide a total of 5 layers. As an alternative, and if necessary, apply all three layers of SylWrap CR with a 50% overlap to achieve 6 layers in total.
SylWrap CR has a work time of 2-5 minutes, allowing corrosion prevention measures to be made in less than 30 minutes.
For carrying out repairs to damaged pipework in less aggressive environments, then please see our SylWrap HD Pipe Repair Bandages. For extreme temperature applications, please see our fire retardant bandage, SylWrap FR.
Benefits of SylWrap CR Corrosion Protection Wrap
- Easy to use – simply activate with water and then wrap around the pipe or structure needing protection
- Can be easily applied in marine environments
- Cures quickly for a full strength repair inside 30 minutes
- Protecting against corrosion now offers a cost-effective alternative to replacing damaged systems at a later date
- Increases pressure resistance and chemical resistance and improves the lifespan of pipes and structures
- Protect metal piles, steel structures, concrete pillars, and pipework from environmental and saltwater corrosion
- Offers protection against abrasive wear in gravel and sand plants, quarries, sugar mills, grain hoppers, and coal chutes
- Suitable for underwater repairs